Your business could have already been hacked, and you do not even know it.
Just recently PF Chang announced that hackers may have had access to customer credit card data for eight months. Eight months!
How does a business get hacked, and how do the owners and managers not even know it for months? Here are the top reasons, some of which may surprise you:
- They believe that they are protected but haven’t thoroughly investigated the situation. Testing for vulnerabilities should be done by experts, because there are constantly new vulnerabilities and methodologies that hackers use to breach your systems and data. Thorough testing is critical to making sure your network and data are secure.
- They haven’t thoroughly investigated their vulnerabilities because they are afraid of what they’ll find. Most people want to protect their jobs first. They are afraid they’ll get fired if vulnerabilities are found, so they just say they are protected and hope for the best.
- They invested a considerable amount of money in firewall equipment, but they did not fully test the firewalls and their settings! You can still have vulnerabilities, even if you have very expensive firewalls and even if you have multiple layers of security. We have seen this quite often and can show you proof that it happens.
Once hackers have your or your customers’ data, you may not have any business left. Hackers can get to your money, your trade secrets, customer information, your medical information, identity information, user I.D.s, and passwords – and that’s just for starters.
If you are not a corporation, you can be personally sued for breach of information that occurs from hacking of your network and data. If you are a corporation and your data is breached, get a good attorney — because you will need it.
In May of this year Target CEO Gregg Steinhafel resigned after 35 years with the company. He took personal responsibility for the data breach that occurred in December of 2013 that compromised 40 million credit card holders’ details and 70 million customers’ personal data. Target and its vendors are being sued by consumers and possibly by the banks that had to replace millions of credit cards.
Don’t let this happen to your business.
What’s the solution?
Oasis Technology can test the security on your networks – including full testing of your existing firewalls. We conduct this test of all your IP addresses (Internet Protocol addresses assigned to each device on your network) regardless of where your office is located – anywhere in the world. Our test is done remotely and does not require your time or the time of your staff.
We have found vulnerabilities with big companies – just take a quick look at the example on our webpage to see the kind of vulnerabilities we’ve found.
What will you do?
- Ignore this information and don’t contact us? Bad idea.
- Believe that you are protected? Bad idea.
- Believe that you have not already been hacked? Another bad idea.
- Perform a full penetration test with Oasis Technology? Good idea.
- Fix your issues? Good idea.
- Relax? Even better idea.
Contact us today for more information and to schedule your Penetration Test.¹ We’re experts who have been in business since 1979, and we’ve worked with hundreds of businesses to strengthen their IT environment to resist external attacks.
1.) Businesses with at least one router, one firewall, and at least 10 PC’s qualify for Oasis Technology’s Penetration Test. The first 100 to schedule the Penetration Test receive a USB drive from Oasis Technology.
Oasis Technology, Inc.
“We Put the Knowledge in Technology” ®