Some simple keyboard short cuts to help you with Windows.
Like many of us, moving the mouse to the right spot and clicking on it over and over again can be a drag — especially when you are in a hurry.
Here are some quick tips to help you get your work done faster:
In most browsers:
- To open a new Tab: Ctrl T.
- To close any open Tab: Ctrl W.
- To move from one Tab to another: Ctrl Page Up or Ctrl Page Down.
- To reopen a recently closed tab: Ctrl Shift T.
- To find specific text in a web page: Ctrl F.
- To increase or decrease the size of the text: Hold Ctrl and press “+” or “-” respectively.
- To open a link in a new tab: Hold Ctrl and click the link.
Microsoft Word (and most of these work in many other areas in the Microsoft software universe):
- Changing case — highlight the text you want to change the case of and press Shift+F3
- Doing this once will convert the highlighted text to all upper case, twice will convert the text to all lowercase, and three times will capitalize the first letter of each word.
- Highlighting the entire document – press Ctrl-A
- Quickly saving the document – press Ctrl-S (good idea to do this often) – works in most Microsoft programs.
- Make your font bigger – highlight the text and press Ctrl-]
- Make your font smaller – highlight the text and press Ctrl-[
- Go to the end of the document – press Ctrl-END
- Got to the beginning of the document – press Ctrl-HOME
- Go to the end of the line – press
- Highlight from your cursor to the end of the line – Press Shift-END
- Highlight from your cursor to the beginning of the line – Press Shift-HOME
- Highlight a word – double click your mouse on it
- Highlight a whole sentence – click your mouse three times on it or press CTL-LEFT MOUSE CLICK
- Highlight a character at a time to your right – SHIFT-RIGHT ARROW
- Highlight a character at a time to your left SHIFT-LEFT ARROW
- To move one word to your left – Ctrl-LEFT ARROW
- To move one word to your right – Ctrl-RIGHT ARROW
- To highlight and move one line up – Shift-UP ARROW
- To highlight and move one line down – Shift-DOWN ARROW
Do you have any favorite keyboard or mouse shortcuts?
If you do – send them to email@example.com
Remember to stay Cyber Safe!
Get a reputable “White Hat hack” expert to look at your network and perform a “NON-INVASIVE” vulnerability analysis on your network from the outside.
Sounds like I may want to get a vulnerability analysis — what if I need help?
- If you need help – CALL US at 805-445-4833.
- We can even go to your site if you are stuck in rut!!
MISCELLANOUS NOTES – click on links below.
KEEP AN EYE OUT WHEN YOU USE YOUR ATM!
IT NEVER ENDS FOR EQUIFAX
YOUR WiFI is an OPEN TARGET
26 Secrets an Identify Thief Does not Want You to Know
US Warns Public about Hacking Attacks on Energy Firms
$$$ — Reward — $$$$
$100 CASH reward for any business referral that signs up with Oasis Technology for monthly IT support (referred business must reside in Calabasas, Agoura, Westlake, Ventura County, and South Santa Barbara County ONLY).
To refer a company, simply reply to this email with the name and contact information of your referral — we will take care of the rest.